Engage Your Employees by Hiring a Mentalist for Your Next Corporate Team Building Event
Inviting a professional mentalist to your next corporate team building event sounds like an offbeat idea? But it's the kind of thinking-outside-the-box that will lead to a successful and memorable event.
What is a mentalist?
A mentalist is someone who has the ability to entertain audiences with the power of the human mind. They don’t need any props or gimmicks -- their props are the audience's thoughts. Unlike magicians who perform sleight of hand magic, mentalists entertain with sleight of mind: reading thoughts, influencing actions, altering one's sense of reality, and bending the space-time continuum. Great Scott!
Why you should hire a mentalist for your next corporate team building event.
Hiring a mentalist will keep things fresh, fun and help to keep your employees engaged. Mentalism is an unusual form of entertainment that most people have only witnessed on TV. Bringing a mentalist into the office causes quite a stir of anticipation! Employees will engage in fun mind reading activities and games of psychological manipulation. This can lead to some hilarious moments since co-workers are the stars and subject matter of the show, much like a hypnotism show, but without any of the embarrassment of unconsciously acting silly in front of their peers.
Mentalism is an interactive art form. Not only do employees engage with the mentalist, they get to be featured in the show and interact with each other as a team. No one gets embarrassed or ridiculed -- it's a positive and fun activity for all involved.
The benefits of hiring a mentalist for your next corporate team building event.
• You’ll make a lasting impression. Something as memorable as a mind reader will make a lasting impression on your company. Your employees will appreciate the gesture and your company will be talked about for a long time to come.
• You’ll strengthen your company culture. A mentalist is an excellent way to bring your team together and strengthen your company culture. They will help your employees feel more connected to the company and each other. A great mentalist will highlight your company's message and brand.
• You’ll increase productivity. A mentalist can be a great way to break the ice and get everyone talking to each other. This will help increase productivity and even improve efficiency.
• You’ll create a memorable and fun event. The best part about hiring a mentalist is that they can do so much more than just entertain your employees. They can also create an unforgettable and fun corporate team building event that everyone will talk about for weeks to come.
How to plan the perfect team building event with a mentalist.
When planning a team building event, you want to be sure that you’re providing as many opportunities as possible for your employees to have fun and break the ice. A mentalist is a perfect way to break the ice at your next corporate team building event.
Mentalists are able to create some really entertaining moments that will help your employees get to know each other better. Think about it. Your employees are all sitting in a room, probably working on laptops or phones, and not really talking to one another. A mentalist can do some amazing tricks to make them think they are psychic or tell the future. It might sound crazy, but these tricks help your employees feel like they are at a show and not at work.
Another benefit of hiring a mentalist for your next team building event is the opportunity for your employees to laugh together. You’ll be surprised how much humor there is in these tricks! You can be sure that everyone will be laughing together and enjoying themselves.
How to prepare for your next corporate team building event with a mentalist
Corporate team building events can be a great way to bring your employees together and have them work together to solve a problem. But, there are a lot of logistics that go into making a corporate team building event a success.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your next corporate team building event with a mentalist:
1. Inform your team ahead of time that you are bringing in a mentalist fr this event. Share the mentalist's name and website so that employees know what to expect. Surprising people with a mentalist can catch people off guard.
2. Determine the size of your event. A smaller event means more people will get to directly participate.
3. Make sure you have a space ready for a mentalism performance. A mentalist doesn't need a stage for fewer than 50 people, but they do need room to move around in the audience, and for audience members to come up to the front of the room.
4. Determine your AV requirements. A boardroom or small meeting room for about 25 people won't require a mic, but larger spaces will need a mic and audio system.
5. Settle on a time. Do you want to kick off your event with a mentalist, break up the day with one, or close your event with a show? Do you want a short 15-20 minute appearance, or a full show? A full corporate mentalism typically runs between 45 and 60 minutes.
A mentalist at your corporate team building event can boost employees’ morale and sense of teamwork. They’ll feel more connected to the group and valued as individuals. They will feel like this was a special event and they will remember it forever.